LEARN AT WORK
This is a basic cancer education activity by KENCASA targeting corporates. The program provides cancer education to staff during a one hour lunch break at the workplace, or any convenient time. The staff are trained on selected topics including; a brief overview about cancer, risk factors, common cancers and early detection as well as treatment options. After a successive training, KENCASA offers two volunteer staff an opportunity to attend a full day seminar on `Psychosocial support for cancer at the workplace’.
- To educate staff at the workplace about cancer
- Demystify myths about cancer
- Train how to conduct a self-breast examination
- Create cancer ambassadors at the workplace to fight cancer related stigma
- Monitor and evaluate impact of program